The Director, Strategic Planning has specialized experience in CPG brands to help propel leading brands into a new era of cultural competence and excellence. This role’s key responsibilities include analyzing multicultural business dynamics, uncovering consumer behavior insights, crafting strategic direction and briefs for creative content activation and execution (with corresponding content messaging architectures).
- Provide leadership, take on key strategic client assignments (brand positioning, product launches, brand messaging, customer insight development, creative brief writing, and messaging strategy)
- Must have experience across multiple categories and customer segments to solve highly complex business and communications problems
- Analyze all information collected on a client’s industry, business and brand, with the goal of developing smart and creative strategic recommendations in the form of: brand promise, brand positioning, marketing message, and tactical and business implications
- Use key insights and brand guidelines to inspire and inform internal team and client team in the following ways:
- Develop and deliver strategic assessments
- Develop a unifying, transformational strategic north star
- Creative briefs, creative work plans and creative collaboration
- Bring brand and customer to life in the Agency and for the client
- Evaluate tactical plans against the overall brand strategy objectives and customer needs and wants
- Create collaborative relationships with management level creatives and client contacts (research and brand
- Provide a day-to-day oversight, communication and management of assigned projects
- Desktop research and use of agency research tools to support business and creative strategy development. Strategy development will include identification of key business growth opportunities as well as key relevant behaviors and motivations
- Analysis of first party proprietary data and research to support strategy development
- Participation in corresponding primary research and testing
- Consumer Profiling across psychographics and shopper behaviors
- Social Listening
- Competitive research
- Monitoring relevant culture and category trends
- Authorship of relevant thought leadership and Point of View documents in support of the brand
- Development of creative briefs
- Design connections and content messaging architectures for all relevant brand initiatives
- Campaign performance tracking
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of Marketing and strategic planning experience
- Advertising Agency experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of healthcare topics and brands
- Well versed and current on social media platforms, strategy, and trends
- Familiarity with syndicated data tools such Simmons, Kantar, etc.
- Familiarity with social listening and data platforms
- Experience in fashion, music, entertainment, arts, or ecommerce is a plus
- Primary and secondary research experience.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Power point/Keynote, MS Word/Pages)
- Strong analytical and creative skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong presentation skills required
UWG, the longest-standing multicultural marketing agency in the country, is uniquely poised to connect forward-thinking brands to the $2 trillion spending power of multicultural consumers. Established in 1969, UWG is based in Brooklyn and owned by WPP (minority share) and private investors. Through developed strategic alliances with political, business and cultural organizations, UWG provides clients with access to untapped audiences and their cultural drivers. The charge is not simply to create advertising campaigns but to build environments that provide insights into who the consumers are and what engages them intellectually and emotionally, resulting in affecting communications that include strategy development, branded entertainment, digital media, public relations and events/promotion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org