The Director Platform Solutions will be responsible to applying expertise in how audience data and technology can help impact a client’s business through better marketing decisions. Drive media planning teams to translate the client goals and objectives into actionable data applications. Audience data can help make smarter media decisions and this position is geared to helping facilitate the integration of this process into a media team. This will include media oversight and involvement of clients DMP, DSP/Programmatic Strategy, MTA, and DCO.
This highly motivated, detail-oriented individual works with clients and internal stakeholders to educate on uses of data, drive innovation in the data and tech space, partner with research/analytics teams to create test plans, generate key insights and profiles to align with strategic planning, and maximize value out of client partnerships.
- Be an in-house expert on how Data and Platforms can provide ROI for clients.
- Guide and drive use of audience data to impact media strategies for client account(s) based on overall objectives.
- Understand how platform/data technologies work and offer the ability to explain in ordinary terms (be technically savvy – understand the opportunities and limitations).
- Identify opportunities – industry learning, meet with vendors and provide a POV, with a client lens and in desired format — education/evangelize the findings.
- Oversee relationship with client/internal DMP (Data Management Platform) and Ad Tech Solutions.
- Partner with teams to support DSP, and Data/Analytics partnerships.
- Drive data strategy and integration into media plans focused on audience details.
- Collaborate with planning team to make data management a central tool for smarter planning.
- Share knowledge with teams regarding audience insights and results to impact business needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with audience data partners and internal agency counterparts.
- Act as a liaison between media and cross functional teams based on client needs (Analytics, Media, Tech, Creative).
- Understand and adopt new trends and/or processes in Interactive Media for clients and the Agency.
- Managing the process of defining audiences to be leveraged, sharing of data with internal and external partners, and tracking and compiling performance reports regarding audience groups.
- Maintaining knowledge of current DMP/Programmatic media trends and provide training to employees and clients when necessary.
- Staying apprised of new and emerging technology, creative and programming applications for potential use for clients and drive innovation with partners.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- 8-10+ years in digital media, ad technology, or account planning, with special emphasis on planning and creating insights related to consumer segments.
- 5+ years with increasing responsibility within an agency or media company.
- Data and Programmatic Marketing subject matter expertise.
- Understanding of campaign management/ad serving technology (i.e. Campaign Manager, Sizmek).
- Working knowledge DSPs, third party audience data.
- In-depth understanding of digital advertising landscape from either media planning.
- Experience with rich media and data driven creative.
- Experience analyzing data and market research.
- Strong leadership, guiding cross functional staff.
- Able to present complex contently simply to senior clients or internal stakeholders.
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain forward momentum.
UWG, the longest-standing multicultural marketing agency in the country, is uniquely poised to connect forward-thinking brands to the $2 trillion spending power of multicultural consumers. Established in 1969, UWG is based in Brooklyn and owned by WPP (minority share) and private investors. Through developed strategic alliances with political, business and cultural organizations, UWG provides clients with access to untapped audiences and their cultural drivers. The charge is not simply to create advertising campaigns but to build environments that provide insights into who the consumers are and what engages them intellectually and emotionally, resulting in affecting communications that include strategy development, branded entertainment, digital media, public relations and events/promotion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org